home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Friday, January 22, 2016

FFC #122 "Color Challenge, Blue & Green" and add some embossing too!


Hello sweet friends!
Welcome to another Fun~day Friday Challenge!!
Before we get to today's challenge, May I ask each of you to keep my family and I in your prayers? Tonight we have a major snow storm coming in that will be dumping at least 6-10 inches of snow on us from tonight into Sunday night, but what I am fearful of, is the coastal floods. I live right off the water and we are expected to get extreme to major flooding. The news channels are saying this is going to be the worst flooding since Hurricane Sandy. If you followed that story then you know how dangerous this could be for our town. I literally have the Bay in my back yard and the ocean is only 4 blocks from my home. I just ask if you could say some prayers that we make it through this storm okay and that the flooding is minimal at best.
Thank you so much. 

 This week's Challenge:


"Color Challenge"
Use the colors Blue & Green and we want to see some embossing too!

Our Sponsors this week are:
Bugaboo Stamps
  The winner will win 7 digital stamps of their choice!
and a brand new sponsor this year!
Robyn's Fetish

The winner will win 3 digital stamps of their choice!
 So make sure to play along this week~


    Starts: Friday, Jan. 22 12:00AM

Ends:  Friday, Jan.  29  6:00PM
(Eastern time)


This is my first project of the new year! I am super excited to be creating again but I feel like I am off my game a bit. Yikes! LOL
In any case, here is the card I created using Robyn's Fetish's Gilded Christmas Dove  and I made sure to use Blue and green with embossing.
  


I love this bird! And since I think this bird is so beautiful, I wanted to keep it as the main focal point. So to do this, I kept everything clean and white. My card base is a standard A2 size. My first layer was cut using Spellbinder's A2 matting basics B rectangle and was embossed using a Craftwell embossing folder. My second layer was cut using Spellbinder's Majestic Labels Eight and is popped up on some 3d mounting foam. I colored this sweet dove in using my Clean Color Real Brush markers. My sentiment is from My Creative Time's "Once upon a time" stamp set. To finish the card I added a few enamel dots from MME and added some clear wink of stella to certain areas on the bird. Here are a few more photos that show the wink of stella.


Now let's see what the FFC Design Team has created for this Challenge:



Tina 


 

What do you need to do to enter?
Challenge Rules

1. Please post a direct link to your card/project post that includes your challenge,
using the linky tool below.

2. Be sure to include a link back to our challenge

3. THREE entries per person and you must post a separate blog post for each entry.

4. All entries must be NEW and created for the current challenge.

5. You may combine with other challenges as long as you link back to us in your post.

 * All entries that do not meet the challenge requirements
Will not be eligible for top 3 or random wins (optional from sponsors prizes)
Any random wins will only be mailed within the US and Canada only.
You have until Jan. 29th by 6:00PM (eastern) time to link up.
All winners will be announced during the week of Feb. 01st.
Have fun and we look forward to seeing what you create!
Until next time, enjoy life's blessings~
Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Jo!! I love the bird!! The colors are beautiful!! The layers and embossing are fabulous!! Thank you so much for playing along at DL.ART!!

    Keeping you and your family in my prayers. The storm is just going to miss us (I hope...we're on the line). I hope it's not as bad as they are predicting and I pray that there is no flooding. Thinking of you my friend. Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 1st project of the year!! Yiippee!!
    It is truly Stunning my friend!!Pretty colors and such a beautiful image!!Love the gorgeous texture of the embossed background! Awesome my friend!!
    So I was sent home early today from work due to he snow storm that we are waiting for. William is on his way home and we will relax to day and watch movies and pray that we do not get hit hard with the snow storm as the news is saying. I just finished cleaning my home and I am catching up with bloggy world. I replied to your email a few minutes ago..
    Awesome projects by the DT!'
    Thanks for hosting another fun challenge.
    Sending my prayers..
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards. I have said a prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be saying prayers for you guys for sure. Your card is gorgeous--Love the colors you chose and how they look against the crisp white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. Love the image and the 3d layer. Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT Craft Rocket Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, the image is so pretty, I love the colors you used and the design so elegant. Thanks for joining my DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY #172 challenge. Have a blessed day DIANA L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card love the colour and the dies .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
    Aud Sentiments
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card. I love the the lovely frames. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jo, your card is beautiful! Wow, the bird is gorgeous~awesome job at coloring and I love the embossing! So glad you got to craft~love your work!
    Thinking and praying for all on the East Coast effected by this huge store! Sending prayers...take care and be safe!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~