home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Guest Designer Spotlight!

Hi everyone and happy Saturday!  This is Darlene of Dar's Crafty Creations and I've hijacked Jo's blog post for today!  What fun!!  Truth be told, I'm thrilled and honored to have been asked by Jo of
Jo's Scrap Shack  to be a guest designer on her blog today!  

Please let me show you what I have created especially for you today.


I just love making homemade flowers and my favorite design style is vintage.  So, for today's card, I've combined these two favorites!  There are so many adorable vintage images available to create with and I think this sweet girl is just precious.   Since the image is in sepia tone I wanted to give her a POP of COLOR with my homemade flowers. This is so easy to do with all the flower making dies available.   Today I've chosen 4 different dies from Spellbinder D'lites and a variety of ink.  I'm using Spellbinder dies 'Blossom One', 'Blossom Two', 'Blossom Three' and 'Blossom Four' along with various colors of Stampin' Up and Tim Holtz distress inks.  I prefer using large sponge daubers for each of the different color shades.

  Here are the various flowers I colored and created for my card.  I've actually combined pieces from some of one die set with another die set to create a unique flower of my own.


To tie my kaleidoscope of flower colors together in my design, I used the excess on my sponge daubers to color the paper doily (behind my image), a white butterfly, as well as the outside edge of my base card which is 5x7 in size  (see photos).


By die cutting larger flourishes then cutting them into various pieces, I was able to add even more dimension to my floral cluster in just a matter of minutes.

So there you have it!  Get those floral die cuts out ... cut them in white ... then add what ever combination of color you want to them.  I like to make several different kinds and keep them in a clear box so I have them available for those times when I'm rushed.

Thanks so much to Jo for the honor of Guest Designing on her blog today!Enjoy your weekend everyone and please feel free to pop over to my blog ANY TIME!!

Darlene your project is gorgeous as always and I am thrilled to have you on my blog today! Thank you so very much for sharing your beautiful talent with us and for inspiring us all!! Love ya!!

Well friends, thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you all have a great weekend!
Until next time, Enjoy life's blessings~

10 comments:

  1. This turned out beautiful! Love all the 3-dimensional flowers in all the pretty ink colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! They are sooo Pretty!!!! Your Project is simply GORGEOUS!!! :) Have a Creative Weekend! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. I love the image and the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your GDS!! Awesome!! The flowers are GORGEOUS!!
    A beautiful creation!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, what a gorgeous card!! The flowers look amazing!! I love the details and sweet image!! Beautiful card, Darlene!! It's stunning!! Awesome feature, Jo!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photographer in me likes the sepia photo. Bee-utifully embellished with flowers. The white idea & coloring to have some put away is wise.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great array of colour Dar has created. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card - love the flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone ... you're making me blush!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~